Saturday, March 2, 2013

LE ROUGE

On what  day can be more romantic to celebrate your anniversary than on Valentine's day? This was what Kendra, a statuesque, poised lady, had in mind when she came to me a year early to discuss her wedding florals, February 14 2013. From the very beginning we were talking RED, well of course. Doing an all red roses on valentine's day would prove very costly. As you may well know roses go up by 100 percent as far as cost are concern. No matter what,  pricing is always a concern, and I always try to stay true to my client's vision as close as I can with the budget I am given as long as it in the realm of reason. In this case, on an normal day,  would have been more spot on, but on Valentine's day, I had to do some creative interpretation to get the volume, I know Kendra had in mind.  I suggested we added white, white hydrangeas so as to make the pieces large and to give more impact and presence specially at Kohl mansion with it's high ceilings and wooden walls.(white would make red pop more)





































































No comments:

Post a Comment