Tuesday, January 17, 2012

WEDDING FAIRE- SANTA CLARA 2012

The last time I had participated in a Wedding Faire was way back 1995-6, I believe, if my memory is serving me right, whenever it was. IT WAS a long... long time ago. But when the poised, very elegant and sophisticatedly calm, Renee Monroe of Wedding Faire - Santa Clara, contacted me to ask if I were interested to do a showcase for 2012 Faire to include and featrure  Mr. Preston Bailey, among other high profile bridal industry professionals,  I couldn't resist.

I knew then I would be working with Sue Leggett of Classic Party Rentals who happens to be half a mile down the road from the studio. Still in a Holiday celebratory mood. I opted with creams, whites and silver for a clean and rich look. Sue and I , as we have done many times before met and came up with a mis -match of china and glassware that worked so well together. Then, it was my turn to compliment this ensemble with my florals.



As I am still in my geometric and  "bling " phase, I opted to re-create what I had done for my sister Carmen's home for her 25th year partnership (business) with husband Romeo Rojas, that was featured in a coffee table book 'Decorating with Flowers" by Roberto Caballero, Liz Reyes and Luca Tettoni.

Flower wise, I embraced the most unfavored flowers of the last decade, which actually are doing a big comeback. Carnations, and Daisy pompom. and of course my favorites, spray roses and my new love "quicksand"  a sand colored, Ecuadorian rose. Paved them into rounds , squares and rectangles added some bling and we have my own verison of Floral Lamps!!

With the help of the latest Pico's Angels recruit, Susan Lee Kelly, of "Three Sisters" and Jennie Shim of "7th Dimension" at Town and Country, it made it very easy and fun to put all these together. Thank you again Angels!!!

The first day of showing was quite exciting as Susan Kelly, with camera in hand, and I literally harassed, well approached in a respectful manner,  Mr Preston Bailey himself. I was very impressed with his humble and pleasant demeanor. Not only is he talented he seems to be a very good human being.

So here are snapshots of that adventure..

















1 comment: